Tuesday 14 January 2014

Spring/Summer Campaigns 2014. #SS14



firstly, I'd like to begin with Happy New year. 2013 was a fantastic year for me... A year full of excitement and opportunity.

Flash forward now as we begin to look into Spring/Summer 2014, it never fails to baffle me when I think of how fast the fashion cycle moves after watching the London & Milan Menswear collections this week for AW14.

I've decided to compile some of my favourite campaigns for the upcoming season, so you can get a feel for brands to look out for and have tickled my editorial taste buds. Here we go...

Click here to view more.



Photography: Mert & Marcus

 This is probably one of my favourite campaigns for 2014. Brazilian model, Marlon Teixeira, stars in this beautifully simple campaign for DSQUARED2 is very well done. I think the thick white border is very effective an frames the action of the image superbly. 
Photography: Alessio Bolzoni.

 I find this image so bold and bright. The KRISVANASSCHE campaign is wonderful and angular, I think the print works so effectively with the angle and poses of the models. Beautiful imagery and I advise checking out the whole campaign.


GUESS Jeans enlists Gui Fedrizzi for their SS14 campaign. Not usually my cup of tea for editoiral, the shoot itself is everything cliché about a spring/summer campaign, but I like the styling, lighting and there's nothing more I love than the beach.




Cara's back at Mulberry (Yay) and there was many an image I could have chosen to show you. The campaign is very sweet as a geek I automatically think of the chapter in the Hobbit and Beron's table set up by animals in the forest. But when I think with my fashion brain the romantic contraption of a mad hatters tea party seems more fitting. I love the romanticism.
Photography: Mert & Marcus

Hardly surprising Sean O'Pry has landed himself a campaign for SS14. As one of the highest paid male models in the world, his dashing looks and darting blue eyes have never failed him previously. In true Mert & Marcus fashion, popping colours and detailed imagery make a complimentary effort to the summer tones.
Photography: David Sims

 Yes. (Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes). Marc Jacobs new Muse, Miley looks great in this new campaign! What is the story? A picture with a thousand words, I have shown this to a few people and everyone has a different idea of what this means. This is the meaning of a great campaign.

Photography: Steven Meisel
 I'm not sure why I like it so much, but I do. The image presents uniformity and I like the fact it doesn't live up to a typical Spring/Summer campaign (Not a beach insight). High school reunion?

Photography: Steven Klein
 Sex Sells? I think this is the approach to Steven Kein and Alexander Wang. Raunchy, Inappropriate, Scandalous... These are just a few things I've heard when 'Flashing' this image around the office. Well, at least one thing is clear... It does what it says on the t-shirt?


Dolce & Gabbana's boys are back in the game. The usual suspects of Adam Senn, Noah Mills, Evandro Soldati & Tony Ward take up their roles as 'brothers' as the Italian Family story continues. I will be honest though.. This is the only image I like.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...