Thursday 16 January 2014

Inspiration is out there.

Today at the Condé Nast we met Kate Phelan, creative director of Topshop and contributing fashion edtior at British Vogue. 

Kate was very inspiring. Her humble nature, chatty personality and relaxed attitude was refreshing. She swapped great stories with us about her achievements and friendships with Tim Walker and Kate Moss.
 (By the way "Happy Birthday Kate!")

After I left I headed home in the rain but I was so pleased with the creative conference that I didn't consider the bad weather. I sat on my regular bus home from the tube station, sat up top and looked around. There is a boy who gets on my bus everyday, he's about 11 years old and sits right in the front seats upstairs. Each day he places on his head phones and sings loudly (but not greatly) to Adele and Emili Sandé, his confidence amazes me. So, oblivious to the world,exuberating confidence but clearly doing something he loves... I want to be more like this kid.  

40 Today.

Open your eyes.


Keep family close.
Remember where you came from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...