Monday 19 November 2012

"Male of Monday's" - Christopher Logan.

"Male of Monday's" - Christopher Logan.

I have met many people through this blog. Each with their own passion, talent and ambition to succeed and this week’s “Male of Monday” fits into this group nicely. His name is Christopher Logan. I first came across Christopher’s work when I featured a post the ‘Gentleman Quarter’. I was luckily enough to steal some of this Pennsylvanian photographers time for an exclusive interview for MossProctor. 

1)Where are you from?  

I was born in Kennet Square Pennsylvania, but I was raised in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Charlottesville Virginia. I lived there until I was 18 then moved to South Florida to attend school. I love Miami and consider it my home.

2) What are your general professional and non-professional interests?

I'm obsessed with gaining knowledge about my craft. Whether it is taking a workshop, watching tutorials online, or supporting local museums. Living in NYC there are so many resources for education right at your fingertips. I love it and take full advantage of it.

Non-professional Interest wise I love going to local cultural events throughout the city. I would consider it my main “hobby” if you can call it that, theskint.com is a website I stumbled upon and it truly has been one of my closest friends. It's the ultimate go-to for free or inexpensive cool things to do in the NYC.

3)Describe you in three words.
  
Workaholic, foodie, grateful


4) What inspires you?
   
Many things from music, color, textures. I think the most are moments, people's stories. Everyone's got one and reinterpreting someone's experience inspires me.


5)When did you decide Photography was the career for you?

Since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a photographer. When I was a child I would create collages out of my mom's Vogue magazines, and dream of shooting Seventeen magazine it would arrive in the mail for my sister. I would scan through the pages and imagine one day that would be me behind the lens.

6) I started this feature to showcase talent of who inspires me. 
But Who/ What inspires you?

My family inspires me, my dear friend Gary, ask any of my friends and they'll scream Kylie.. ( Minogue) I love her... Storytellers inspire me... there's a special place in Florida called Blowing Rocks preserve, I feel at peace there. I've been obsessed with watching old footage of Mitzi Gaynor, Vera Ellen, and Pepe Lopez who portrayed a character named Marisol. I can't get enough of those movies.



6)If you had the opportunity to work with anyone (Past or present) - who would it be?  

That's a tough one. Dolly Parton for sure.


7)Working with many different photographers I've seen many have their own personal style - How would you describe your own style of photography?

I like to tell stories with my work, from my editorials to my documentary imagery. That drives me. A cinematic still blended harmoniously with the beauty of the everyday is the best way I could describe it.



8)A big thing for me to trying to use my knowledge to help people get into the fashion industry. 
What advice would you give to any aspiring photographers?

Not to give up number one, if your inner voice is saying “I need to be a photographer” Do it. Take photos everyday and don't be afraid to make a “mistake”. Shoot in manual mode, so you can visually and mentally gain the knowledge of how your camera works. You don't need the most expensive camera on the market to take beautiful moving imagery. It's you behind the lens that holds the most importance here.

Know your references. Research old movies, historical events, legendary figures throughout history. In fashion and in portrait photography so much of it is referential. I think it's imperative for the success of any artist to do this.

Get out of the house and start meeting people. From other photographers in the area, to stylists, makeup artists & local fashion bloggers to name a few. Actively look for events to attend. Always have business cards on you, spend the extra bucks on the quality card stock. The majority of all my clients I originally met them out socially or through word of mouth.


10)What does the future hold for Christopher Logan?

Working with new clients, gallery shows, shooting more documentary work, traveling and expressing gratitude for everything I receive.


I'd like to thank Christopher for taking the time out to do this interview.
Here's a preview of Christopher Logan's work!


















   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...