Friday 1 June 2012

Welcome to Cesar's Palace.

The Frankie Morello Coat!


Caesar’s Palace.

I found this shoot while trawling through endless pages searching for a SS collection clear Mac by Frankie Morello. (Which I wanted to feature for my designer picks at www.Mansnaps.com!)

This is a shoot for TOH! Magazine shot by photographer Simon and excellently styled by Alex Vaccani. The model in the shoot is Caio Cesar who is wearing delightful pieces by Calvin Klein, Moschino, Frankie Morello, Kenzo, Prada, Adidas Originals by Jeremy Scott, Marios, Aussie Bum, Vivienne Westwood… And that’s just to name a few.



I love the concept of this shoot.

The set design beautifully compliments to constructive yet mismatch of designer brands. The background of the shots, which what I perceive as an 80’s style shack in the woods, ties in the use of the vintage style textiles such as the period floral bed spread and the quirky kaleidoscope bed covers admirably.

The use of fashion I also find impressive. A collaboration of mix and match but ingeniously structured really tests the boundaries of print blocking (Who else would place a floral print bomber jacket with leopard print shorts!). But each style to true to format of the editorial.

For me a brilliant shoot, with Simon's photographic eye, Caio’s image is portrayed really well with the basis of the editorial. But for me the winning piece is the set design and the genius styling by Alex Vaccini who’s styling I’ll be looking out for in the future!

What do you think?
















Check out Alex Vaccini's work: http://alexvaccani.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...