Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wednesday Wear: Boosting Beige.



Wednesday Wear: Beige.


Beige, a colour combination associated with the older generation or people with poor taste. After an email I received from an American reader, I’ve decided to embark on a campaign

“BRING BEIGE BACK”… (To the younger generation that is)
As I resorted to my wardrobe to look for beige clothes to put together as colour stories & outfit builds I had a sudden realisation that I to have fallen to the beige stereotype and do not own much myself. (This was slightly awkward)

So, I decided to show you the latest editorial by Yu Tsai, a great photography who put together the steamy video starring Lindsay Lohan for Private Party. This editorial for GQ Italy, featuring Adam Senn, shows the colour beige at its best. Beige provides a stepping stone and when teamed up with shades of brown, khaki & stone the combination of colours work well with chinos, desert boots & overcoats; all perfect for this time of year.

A basic, yet well-styled editorial proving that big & brash doesn’t always necessarily mean better.

What’s your thought on Beige?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...