Wednesday 9 January 2013

‘Waiting on a tide’ | Attitude Magazine.


  ‘Waiting on a tide’ 


When it comes to fashion editorial it’s quite easy to assume we should be focusing on big name fashion or art type magazines, when realistically we should be looking closer to home.


Attitude magazine isn’t necessarily the first place I would look if I was seeking high quality fashion editorial, but why not? As we can clearly see from this story ‘Waiting on a Tide’ by James O Roberts - Attitude magazine is a clear contender in the armada of editorial.



I decided that in 2013 I would ‘attempt’ to reserve judgement when reviewing editorial. But that has officially gone out the window (Or in this case Porthole).. because I love this shoot.
James O Roberts’ photography and editing works hand-in-hand with the styling from Elauan Lee.
The location/Set design is relevant but there isn’t an OTT focus on the beach. The detailing from the rocks make a great backdrop, but my favourite shot is the image of Jace Moody and Adam Berg against the white brick wall. I like the clinical yet maritime aspect of it and Elauan’s choices of chunky knit Louis’ Vuitton are the ideal addition to the shot.
Continuing with Elauan Lee’s styling choices, her designer picks work exceptionally with the images. The Louis Vuitton collection isn’t a range that I would have associated with a ‘maritime’ shoot, but now reviewing it… I could imagine it in many more wearbale ways. The styling is still very winter based but I kind of love that European edge to it all with the components like the textures, the hats and the generally chunkiness.


To summarise it a strong editorial. Great ‘haunting’ imagery from James O Roberts, ‘enchanting’ styling from Elauan Lee  and a great crew of models Adam Berg, Jace Moody and Matt Rodwell. 
It has also meant that Attitude magazine has sailed into one of my favourite FASHION magazines around.

Check out Attitude website: www.Attitude.co.uk 


My Favourite Image: Strong, Clinical & Expressive.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...