Friday 18 January 2013

'The Future Perfect | OUT Magazine.


'The Future Perfect' | OUT Magazine.

'The Future Perfect' is the latest fashion story to feature in OUT magazine, photographed by Bruno Staub and starring John Todd.
There has been great editorials appearing in gay magazines at the moment and this piece from OUT magazine hasn't disappointed.
I like the basis of this shoot.The individual components of this editorial are simple but they are understandable, which have made this a strong working combination.
I think the styling from Brent Austin Coover has played a key role in this editorial. The styling plays a strong part in deliberating the 'futuristic' element of the story, with Brent's use of high shine/ metallic pieces providing that futuristic edge. When I first saw the 'metallic' collection on runways, such as Burberry, I was slightly unsure - but seeing them placed in a subtle manner has actually made them look for wearable and in effect more desirable.

Another thing that appeals to me about this shoot is the layout. Bruno Staub's photography really compliments the backdrop for this editorial. The lighting is beautifully balanced to subtly enlighten the chrome and metallic fixtures in the layout. 
The use of Café/Diner is also an intriguing aspect and one that I don't believe many people would have thought of. It's state is industrial but it is also a working space and I like how these two components interact with the clothing.

Even though their name is mentioned, my compliments would be given to the hairstylist on set as I think their hair ideas have aided the success of this shoot.

Well done to the team at OUT Magazine for their production on a well produced editorial and some string modelling from John Todd.
 I look forward to their future work!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...