Wednesday 4 February 2015

Rob Evans | Fit Like A Glove


Rob Evans // Fit Like a Glove
The unconventional model


I was browsing through the folders on my laptop earlier at the archived editorial I have saved. Many of which I decide to write about and then before I begin to type I have another three in my inbox. I used to discuss the most current editorial to compete for blog views and hits but as my career develops within the industry, I now like to take a relaxed approach and write about editorial that really appeals to me. 

When flitting through the folder I came across this shoot from last May, 'Fit Like A Glove', an editorial story featuring Rob Evans. At the time when this shoot came out, it didn't occur to me that I would be meeting Rob later in the year, when I began interning at Storm Model Management. 
The great thing about Rob is that Rob is.. well, Rob. What you see is what you get. Standing at 6'4ft and built like a tank, Rob is not your everyday model. Presented with opportunities like when he first walked for Moschino and a good attitude has carved him the, (unexpected - like he states int he article), career he has today. In my opinion, this is what makes him inspirational to others. 

In regards to this editorial, it's brilliance is pretty self explanatory. The shoot was for the publication August Man, Malaysia. I know I repeat this in these posts but this what good team work delivers! 
The art direction from Urivaldo Lopes and fashion editor, Fleur Evans really bring this concept to you. Maybe I'm bias to the idea as I also seem to break the rules of photo shoots when it comes to working with animals, horses in particular - but you cannot deny the majesty or power a horse has for the impact on an image.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...